The No Interest Loan Scheme (NILS) provides individuals and families on low incomes with access to safe, fair and affordable credit.
Loans are between $300 and $1,200 for essential goods and services including medical & dental procedures. Repayments are set up at an affordable amount over 12 to 18 months.
To be eligible for NILS you must have a Health Care Card or earn less than $45,000 a year (after tax). Loans cannot be used for cash, bond, rent arrears, debt consolidation, holidays or bills.
Do I qualify?
- Have a health care card/pension card
- Reside in your current premises for more than 3 months
- Show a willingness and capacity to repay
How do I apply?
- Call NILS on 13 NILS (13 64 57).
- You will need to meet with a local loan provider and provide your supporting documentation.
- Your loan application is assessed.
- You are informed of the outcome of your loan application and agree repayment terms.
For further information, visit www.nils.com.au or call Blackheath Area Neighbourhood Centre on (02) 4787 7770 or Mid Mountains Neighbourhood Centre on (02) 4759 2592.